FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major Discounts on Specific Accor Hotels in Bali - Up to 75% Off
Old Jun 30, 2020, 1:14 am
exploreaswego

Originally Posted by tris06
It is nice to see these promotions. But here is a question.

I see Sofitel Dua Nusa (encouraging my wife at the moment to think long term) has a really good pay online rate at the moment which includes a complimentary upgrade in room level (So i assume that could mean 2 room/suite level upgrade for plat/gold/diamond members). I presume I could not use the vouchers to pay for the hotel stay considering it is a prepay rate? I find this hotels package to be more expensive than just going through the regular website booking.
I did a few quick searches for July in the official Accor website and I think you are correct. The rate actually adds up to about 200k cheaper than the promo site selling the vouchers.
They actually have the same sale rate embedded into the booking.
Once you selected your dates, the website will actually pull the discount for you - around 30% coded off as "Gastronomy Package" or "Journey Into New Paradise Promo Package".

Here are the rate details:
Gastronomy package
Sales conditions of rate
Special terms
A NEW JOURNEY TO PARADISE - with daily breakfast and free upgrade, you may also change your stay date if you could not come as plan, up to 14 days before arrival to secure the room in the new dates
The only difference I noticed is the vouchers provide comp Afternoon Tea and 20% F&B, where as the website doesn't. Not deal breakers if you ask me.

For upgrades/comp bfast, usually your status supersedes the rate. So Plat/Diamond level entitles you a chance for a suite upgrade, the hotel usually offers you the better choice.
The rate is mostly for people without status to get a 1 level upgrade.