FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus impact in Japan [consolidated]
Old Jun 29, 2020, 7:29 pm
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by JJarmuth07
" think that's a pretty reasonable equivalent of someone whose daily life is in Japan." ---> that's just your opinion and in no way how the Immigration officers will view it, or the reality of the situation in fact.... LTR visa is a very specific for people with Japanese, Sino-Japanese, or other familial connections with Japan... so again, irrelevant...

It's up to the Immigration officers at the airport on the day I land. Barring that red "special" Kanji stamp (which I don't have), I'll have to produce a ton of documents explaining my situation and even then it's not 100% certain. What is certain is that I don't have the correct visa they mention on the document everyone's been referencing. That's plain and simple.
This is true. But once again, the immigration officers are not inhuman. My position would be to explain my story and reasons, and explain why I _need_ to be in Japan, and hope for the best. Though the documents may be insufficient and the red stamp may be missing.