FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancellation of Lifemiles ticket
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:50 pm
Nana Lunastra

Originally Posted by Matthew_DC
Maybe others have already posted about this. I had an award ticket booked for July 11: IAD>IST>MAD. While I was reading about the Turkish "HES" code to see if I needed to have one, I tried to pull up my booking at the Turkish website. Unable to. Went to Avianca. Notice that the flights were cancelled.

I have no idea when the flights were cancelled but I haven't received an email or phone call about it yet. I've rebooked on other carriers, but it might be a good idea to regularly check your bookings if cancellations happen without timely notification.

PS: I booked a new award rather than wait for Lifemiles support to offer me something else because there were only 2 seats available on the alternative carriers. I emailed [email protected] to say the original flights were cancelled and I'd like to request a redeposit and refund of taxes.
Were the points redeposited into your account after the flights were cancelled or you have to call Lifemiles? Also did you book the new award flight through Lifemiles?