FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at YYZ
Thread: Cars at YYZ
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:54 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
Because they say that the renter has to be Covid-free and can't be under quarantine. As an essential worker returning from the USVI I won't be under quarantine, but some businesses don't care and won't serve anyone who arrived form the USA for two weeks. I had to reschedule several appointments because of that. I would hate to find myself in a similar situation with the car. Especially because I'll land at 22:17.
They have no way of knowing where you arrived from - if you're a Canadian person with a Canadian license, just keep your origin to yourself, and you should still plan on carrying your own disinfectant wipes to clean the car anyway before you drive away, I am not trusting these corporations to do it for me.

A US resident arriving from the USA might be better off to take the train downtown and then rent from an in-city location to avoid this issue....of course isn't everyone arriving from abroad required to quarantine anyway?