FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:46 am
Ben.

Programs: Qantas
Hello FlyerTalk Jedis,

Newbie here but have enjoyed reading through a few of the EK threads over the last couple of days, apologies if any of my queries below have been answered elsewhere...

Context - the wife and I are flying PER - DXB - LGW with EK in F on the 11th Aug (EK421, EK015). Managed to get them through QFF for about 370k points + ~$600 taxes all up, which personally I find unbelievable! Maybe the lack of flying is leaving more award flights unbooked?

Anyway, my questions are;
1. Does the old style 777/A380 have an HDMI port? (assuming the most recent IFE system).

2. Looking at historical EK421 flights, since they recommenced in June they appear to be using more modern planes (only a couple of flights so far, but A6-EQE & A6-EQG are both ~ 2 years old). Is this a general approach to how Emirates are emerging from COVID? I.e. can I hope that this will continue?

3. My wife is Oneworld Emerald (QF platinum) does she get the standard 50kg baggage allowance, or is there an increased allowance?

4. What’s the likelihood of EK letting us change the DXB-LGW leg to a DXB-LHR leg if there’s space on the flight on the day?

Thanks in advance for the support, and I hope you’re all safely ensconced in fancy flying sardine tins again soon!

Ben

Last edited by Ben.; Jun 29, 2020 at 5:54 am