FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JL: DEL - USA return J starting from $2249
Old Jun 29, 2020, 4:05 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Indeed, I loved the fare but after my Morrocan and Egyptian escapades, ALG is one of those places I will NEVER originate from. CAI is just about the borderline, because of Visa on Arrival.
The hassle of Visa to make stopovers in ALG seemed to complicated and unnecessary. On all my three ALG escapades i managed to do TWOV both ways. The immigration guys were as surprised all the times, but it worked fine. Actually, when I did the first one I even brought an email from the Algerian Consulate General, confirming no visa needed if having a reservation out of ALG the same day.

That document didn't get much attention neither at Air Algerie check-in at ORY, nor with immi guys at ALG. I guess this is an airport with few INT/INT transfers on two separate PNRs, explaining the unfamilarity of procedures.

Now, to get back OT, DEL does have some transfers of the type described above, but every time I've done it, I get the impression that it's an unusual and strange thing. Can be very time consuming, and the transfer area where you wait to be cleared, is certainly less inviting (in rather diplomatic terms )

Last edited by onobond; Jun 29, 2020 at 4:10 am