Old Jun 26, 20, 8:11 am
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by roknroll View Post
I had a flight, booked through American Express Travel, on United flying to PPT in November. Today I logged into my United account and changed the flight for a different trip for Feb 2021. On the confirmation/checkout it showed the new flight prices, with electronic travel certificate as expected. When I confirmed the change, I got an email from United saying that the flight has been changed but I must call United for them to reissue the ticket.

When I called, the agent said that because I booked through a third party, there would be a $50 per travel fee to make the change and receive the electronic travel certificate. This was not deducted from the certificate value, but rather done as a new charge. This does not sound right, and from what I read on United's site they are waiving all change fees for qualified travel. No mention of waiving fees, except for third party bookings. Has anyone else encountered this or have any information about the fees they just charged?
Definitely waived for some, 1K for example. No issue doing this even online with the current waivers. I can see UA insisting on this fee during these times.