FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Italy specific requirements at T5
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2020, 3:12 am
Dan72

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Originally Posted by Schind
It's a no win situation and the only answer I can see is a proper virus test with quick results before boarding, which may take a while to implement worldwide.

Sorry for the rant and going OT but this is the current hill I'm prepared to die on!
I agree with the first sentiment entirely, which is why I hope you can find another hill to die on. I think you'll go crazy otherwise. While we all appear to have some doubts about the merits of these efforts, countries introducing these measures are only doing what they think they need to do, either to reduce risk or improve confidence to allow travel to resume. I think the alternative is no travel at all.

Frustratingly, particularly for airlines, a lot of these new regulations are being introduced with little or no notice, leaving airlines in a difficult situation. I was only accepted by QR at 50 minutes prior to departure, despite arriving two hours beforehand, because they were unsighted on a recently introduced waiver and wanted to (understandably) verify it for themselves.