FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Italy specific requirements at T5
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:43 am
Schind

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you have really bad hot flushes then I think that is well known and is easily explained. You would not be alone.......

I had one check recently on an early flight from EDI where my temperature came back as 33c. I said to the agent "doesn't that mean I'm dead?" and she replied "not necessarily, but you may need a coat next time, it's a chilly morning". I wouldn't take this too seriously.
Which shows they're doing this for show rather than on a scientific basis as the equipment is unreliable.
The thermal imaging trials at Heathrow have been going for a month now and they were going to report the results to the government in that time frame. I hope they get put into the public domain. Judging from a few recent stories, like the two people who flew from LHR to New Zealand and reintroduced the virus there after weeks without any cases, it suggests they either don't work (most likely according to various studies over the years) or they won't deny you boarding if you do show a high temperature.

Greece stopped accepting flights from Qatar Airways for a while because they missed twelve cases on one flight on June 1st. QR said “Upon arrival in Doha and before boarding the flight to Athens, all passengers were screened and tested according to the procedures and established health protocols and were found suitable to continue their journey,” so they're insinuating all these people caught it onboard. And then there's the chicken factory in Wales where they had temparature screening but missed a few cases so they upped testing to twice a day and then missed dozens of cases.
I can see airports / airlines getting sued over this - either they deny boarding to someone who then gets properly tested and proves to be negative or they miss cases which then helps seed new outbreaks. It's a no win situation and the only answer I can see is a proper virus test with quick results before boarding, which may take a while to implement worldwide.

Sorry for the rant and going OT but this is the current hill I'm prepared to die on!