FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stupid? USA->UK Trip August (Dual Citizenship)
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:36 pm
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by matticusbond
I'm in the same boat as you: UK citizen and US LPR. Scheduled to travel to UK August 14 for a week to see family.
Ultimately, a lot can change between then and now, but for the moment I'm feeling pretty fine about it. I know I'll have to self isolate which is fine. I've also already had COVID, so I'm not particularly concerned about re-infection in transit. If you understand the risks and the rules, and you feel as though it's worth it to you still, then I'd say go for it. If you're having doubts about it, though -- probably outta hold off.

It'll be my first flight since March, so I'm actually kinda excited to get back in the skies and experience traveling during a pandemic.
Welcome to FlyerTalk matticusbond. I am flying tomorrow for the first time since March. I would really rather not go to be perfectly honest and unlike you I'm not looking forward to experiencing travel during a pandemic. Probably no TSA-pre, no catering or lounges plus the mask requirement. And I have to fly Delta too so no tier points for me; what is the world coming to! Just a very quick exit and re-entry to the country if all goes well to take care of some I-94 paperwork for my wife.