Old Jun 25, 20, 7:10 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by roknroll View Post
When I called, the agent said that because I booked through a third party, there would be a $50 per travel fee to make the change and receive the electronic travel certificate. This was not deducted from the certificate value, but rather done as a new charge. This does not sound right, and from what I read on United's site they are waiving all change fees for qualified travel. No mention of waiving fees, except for third party bookings. Has anyone else encountered this or have any information about the fees they just charged?
As mentioned this is not a ticket change fee, those are presently waived in many cases, this is a fee to take over / take control of the ticket, something TAs/OTAs generally do not like UA doing. In the past, UA rarely charged this fee but it has become more common -- presumably due to TA pushback and in some cases, UA will do not this for certain corporate TAs -- this disrupts the control the TA has over the ticket and cost tracking
Unable to change corporate / third party issued reservations via UA.com