FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Policies for arriving in NYC area from a quarantine state
Old Jun 25, 2020, 9:49 am
txp

Programs: UA, AA, DL, BA, Marriott, Hilton, Accor, Hyatt
Here is the order from the Commissioner of health

Interesting features:
1. The order seems to imply that anyone who enters NY from Texas must stay quarantined for 14 days.
2. The order seems to imply that the Texas traveler is not allowed to leave NY state before the 14-day period is over.
3. This absolute 14-day requirement seems to be unique to NY. All other quarantine rules I have seen in other jurisdictions usually impose "up to 14 days or the duration of stay in that jurisdiction, whichever is shortest." NY does not. The way the order is written now, it requires all Texans to stay there for 14 days.

A few comments about some of the other posts on this subject:

1. I am not looking to circumvent the law or to do this without detection. Quite to the contrary: I want to be 100% compliant with the rules.
2. Staying in PHL and travelling to Manhattan directly to my quarantine location in Manhattan and then traveling out of Manhattan directly to PHL seems (to me at least) to be compliant with the rules provided that I meet the quarantine restrictions while in Manhattan (minimal contact, etc.), and provided that NY clarifies that they do not require people to stay in NY state for 14 days.

Last edited by txp; Jun 25, 2020 at 9:58 am