FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 24, 2020, 4:24 pm
TravelingZoomer

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
I posted this in the other thread:

I have an interesting data point that I’m hoping to get the resolution soon.

I have yet to fly BA metal, however with AS joining OW and restoring relations with AA, plus me needing to fly AA more due to network I figured getting BA Silver would do me good.

In July I was set to fly 4 BA flights for a total of 565 TPS, just enough to get me to BA Silver organically after I credited a short haul CX dragon to BAEC. My year also ends in July.

After all 4 flights got cancelled (3 BA metal + BA coded AA), I politely explained to them I was very excited to fly BA for the first time and obtain BA silver in the process, however with the flights being cancelled I would hope they could consider giving me Silver...
Finally got an email back today. As expected, no silver granted saying I only had 40 tier points fair enough. Although they referenced 600 tier points for silver not 450. Won’t really fly until my blue -> gold trip anyways so no big loss, except for the handful of amount of Avios and free seat selection.