FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connections via CDG (US to non-Schengen destination)
Old Jun 24, 2020, 1:03 pm
IstKong

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by MatchesMalone
Thanks for the reply - very much appreciate it. I had found the form, but was somewhat concerned because of "country of origin" is vague and unclear. Does not seem to allow for a departure out of one's home country.

I called ParisAeroport this morning and spoke with an extremely gracious call agent. She said there have been issues with people not having the right paperwork, but couldn't confirm whether that is happening within the terminal or only at border control. I also called the US Embassy, which suggested I call the local French consulate/Embassy. I've made calls to both, but they don't seem to be taking calls. Submitted messages on their websites.

To the extent any of this is helpful, I'll be sure to post what gets confirmed to me -- unless I choose an alternate route. I've spent a number of years referencing Flyertalk forums, and have never had to post a question before because most of my questions have been thoroughly answered in other Q&A posts. Hope I can repay the favor to another anonymous lurker like myself. :-)

I'm sure your experience will be very helpful for non-EU citizens travelling through EU or to EU for a compelling reason because we have very few experiences on this.

Concerning your trip, the most important thing is to convince the airline to allow you on board. Once in CDG, no one will care about you because you are travelling from a non Schengen to a non Schengen country, and you have the right documentation to travel to your final destination.

​​​
​​​​​​A document from a French consulate in the US will help you to convince your airline to allow you on board.

If you can change for free your ticket and travel through AMS, it is also a good alternative since the TIMATIC notice and the local regulations are much clearer about transit passengers. You don't need the contradicting and ambiguous french auto-certificate to travel through AMS.

​​​​