FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone has access to fare rules?
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2020, 2:19 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by purch
Hello,

Just to come back to the original question, does anyone know of a way to get the fare basis with only the PNR? Trying to look up the fare rules for an SAA ticket for my father in law, but his confirmation only gives the PNR. I've tried to look on flysaa.com, as well as opening the record on LOT and egyptair (which in the past has been useful for other things) but no luck getting a fare basis.

Someone previously posted to look on matrix, but I suspect this might not work because 1) one of the flights is already cancelled so won't even be visible in matrix and 2) matrix would only give the current fare basis on offer. I think what matters is the fare basis on the day that the ticket was bought.

On the other hand, does anyone know what the "usual" refund rules for a D fare are? Or does it vary enough that no general statement can be made?

Anyway I think its all academic because SA won't be giving out money anytime soon, but I promised I'd look into it.
You say that you only have the PRN, but at the same time you mention a D fare bucket. (discounted business class, if I remember correctly from my past). That's probably your best bet:
They may have changed the fare conditions for a D fare, but I think your best bet is to see if you can find a D fare on ITA matrix and see the current conditions (and assume they are still the same). If you have an Expert Flyer subscription you can look up the conditions for any fare (but only the current ones, I think). My own EF subscription is 'dormant' at the moment until I can start flying again, so I'm afraid I can't help.

I agree with your statement that it's probably academic because of the 'financial status' of SAA.