FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wuhan coronavirus outbreak — worries as it spread to HK & beyond
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:49 pm
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by moondog
I won't go down there unless I'm certain I can return. My visa agent suspects this will be possible if the July 7 rules permit him to get HK endorsements on our RPs. Naturally this will be expensive because he will need to burn his own 关系 in order to certify us as "essential", but it could be worth it because going to HK is kind of important for both of us. I've actually gotten quite comfortable with Zoom during the course of the past 3 months, but Zoom doesn't permit us to bond with clients post-meeting.
You can already travel to HK freely from Shanghai, the only restriction being quarantine on the way in. If the July 7th rule isn't renewed (unlikely IMO given the situation in China is worse now than it was last month), then you'd be all good to go. The trickier part would be getting back into Shanghai. I believe residents need special authorization to re-enter and are subject to the usual 14-day quarantine.