FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crisis discounts at high end hotels (2020 Corona Virus)
Old Jun 20, 2020, 11:17 am
mike_la_jolla

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
I'm not seeing much discounting in the high end in the short term. And it is chaos at FS. FS is clearly having trouble with the restart worldwide. Staffing issues maybe? Booked FS LV, only to have it cancelled a few hours later. Gonna have to slum it at Bellagio over the 4th.

Several destinations I looked at were booked entirely for July and August'20. They are limiting the number of rooms and the inventory is filling quickly. Amangani, for example appears to be completely sold out for July and most of August. This makes me chuckle a bit. My biggest issue with Aman, including 'Gani, is that I get lonely; never 'it's too crowded'. I do not see a need to reduce inventory to adhere to Wuhan virus distancing rules. I exclude 'Giri, which was crowded when we went, but I will NEVER part with $3500/night for that place. And 'crowded at an Aman' is a relative term. In this context I mean 'I saw another person during my stay'. I've been to ASP three times and never once saw another guest. This ... is a little creepy. I see a lot of issues at the despicable FS Maui. That place is an overstuffed circus in the best of times.

Interesting times ...

Last edited by mike_la_jolla; Jun 20, 2020 at 11:23 am