FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need to Fly and Cannot Bring Back Covid
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:59 pm
SamirD

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Is it possible for wife to fly to you? And visit in a separate location or room in house?

If not, I’d say wear a N95 mask if you can find one and a fabric over that (to wash later). And glasses. For extra caution you could also wear a clear face shield. And try for non stop or minimum stops. When you return and for 14 days, I’d say wear a fabric mask when around your father or in home outside of your immediate room. I’d also monitor my temp and blood oxygen level with an oximeter. Just so if you do contract Covid and have any symptoms, you can catch it early.

There was a news story of a woman with Covid who was discharged from hospital still testing positive. She went home to care for her children and no one else in the apartment got Covid. She wore a mask when interacting with them.
She could, but that wouldn't work for what she needs.

Any real masks are hard to find outside of safety supply places and they're months out to get one. I've actually got some safety goggles I can wear over my normal eyeglasses (good idea!). Complete hazmat suits with masks/shieds seem to be a little easier to get, hence my thoughts in that direction. Unfortunately I have to have one stop, so there's a chance of contagion there, but they're short stops so that should be helpful.

His house is large enough that generally we are not in the same room except potentially when eating or working on business stuff (I help manage his affairs), so I think there may be enough physical distance between us. We actually have a medical pulse oximeter at home so I could check that regularly, but I would need to start getting some baseline readings now. Great ideas!

Generally I do not interact with him after being outside without a shower and a change of clothes. We got laxed on this for a bit, but with cases more prevalent than ever and people out around here like 'there's nothing wrong' and behaving as such, we have locked down even harder on our own regiment.