FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need to Fly and Cannot Bring Back Covid
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:16 pm
SamirD

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by airoli
How long are you comfortable to be away from your dad for in order to see your wife?

My thought would be to take only the common precautions when you travel - assuming your wife is not in a highly vulnerable group. When you return to your dad's location, self-isolate in a nearby place for 7-14 days before you see him again. This way, you only need to be "clean" for the journey from your isolation location to your dad's place.

Alternatively, have your wife travel to your dad's location and quarantine nearby. Then go spend some time with her there, and return to your dad.
About 10 days or so.

That's not a bad idea of isolating long enough for me to either get sick or not. I'll have to think about where I could do that. So far from what I've seen on flights though, my chances of infection are more on my way to SFO than on the way back since inbound SFO flights seem to always either be completely full or at least half full in first/bus.

My wife mentioned we could 'meet in the middle', but I know that's not what she wants--she wants me home to spend time with me, and I want to be home too as that's where our life is.