FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I was denied service at the McD's in Terminal B at PIT this morning!
Old Sep 26, 2004, 8:29 am
bhatnasx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Angry I was denied service at the McD's in Terminal B at PIT this morning!

Mods - I'm posting this in the US forum because the following happened to me while I was at PIT, a US hub, & I'd like to encourage US customers to not eat at the McDonald's in Terminal B at PIT. If you feel this should be moved to Travelbuzz or somewhere else, please do.

So I was on a redeye from PHX-PIT this morning, got in around 6AM. My flight to DCA left at 7.45 this morning. My traveling companion & I decided to grab breakfast at the McDonald's in Terminal B between flights. My friend orders a drink & a breakfast pastry - he pays, no problems. I start to order, and the Swing Supervisor (thanks Nokia camera phone) refuses to erve me. She says that I have germs & that she won't serve me unless I wash my hands. My hands were no dirtier than any other customer that has eaten at that establishment. I asked her if she was kidding - she said "I don't want your germs - I deal with food - I've got to wash my hands & so do you!" Note that she was wearing a not-so-clean-looking hand brace.

She didn't have any problems accepting my (white) friend's money - nor did she seem to have any problems accepting the orders from the US Airways F/A's who were in line behind me - who actually left in disgust with this woman. I honestly believe that this woman was being racist (I'm brown, I'm not the guy in the picture though) as she didn't have any problems accepting anyone elses money. I went back up about 3-4 minutes later to ask her for her name (which she wouldn't give me) - and she didn't have any problems accepting other customers cash when I went up there. I used the airport courtesy phones to find out who to contact about a complaint about a vendor - they just gave me a phone number (which no one answered & didn't have voicemail - Sunday morning around 7AM, go figure). I called the McDonald's customer service line & they said they'd look into it. I will also be calling the BBB in PIT & will also file a complaint with the ACLU.

I don't think that I've ever been so offended or insulted or pissed off in my entire life.

Last edited by bhatnasx; Sep 29, 2004 at 8:57 am