FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine Question - US Citizen Traveling to the US for Under 14 Days
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:59 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by roamingexpat
I'm a US citizen residing in Ireland and I must make a quick trip back to Chicago to handle a family affair. I land July 11 and must return to Ireland July 15 making my total time in the US less than 2 weeks. I'm aware of self quarantine requirements upon my return to Ireland. My question concerns my return ORD > DUB leg.

I read this line on the CDC website: "All international travelers should stay home for 14 days after their arrival into the United States." The keyword there is "should". Does anyone have any firsthand experience on whether this is actually enforced?

Thank you.
Believe me or not - while CDC mentions about self-quarantine, it is not actually a requirement. The Executive Order applying to Ireland does not indicate you have to do that. And I am not aware of any emergency regulations imposing self-quarantine.

So in theory, you are good to go, assuming you can re-enter Ireland.