FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Citizenship by Naturalisation - Absences from the UK
Old Jun 17, 2020, 4:34 am
81romeo

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hi, been there 5 years ago.
A couple of points you might want to consider:

- Don't count how many full days you've been out of the country - instead do count how many nights you've slept outside the UK and remove a night for each trip, it's easier.
- BA's "My Flight Path" might be a helpful resource however in my case I also had a ton of flights with non-OW carriers
- In my case I found it very useful to check travel dates using my company's expense reports system (assuming every time I traveled I had corporate expenses to submit). But also consider your vacations and leisure weekends away.
- when I applied, one of the requirements was relating to the last year before the application - only allowed 90 days (nights) out of the country. In that case my employer prepared a letter explaining the nature of my role / travel as I had more than 180 days out...

Finally - if in doubt about a trip date please include it - Home Office performs spot checks and in case you don't declare absence but they find you out of the Country they will reject your application, I know a couple of horror stories about this....

Good luck!