FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:30 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by testycal
Economy seats availability LHR to YVR. The within 14 days from the cancelled flight is not worth much flexibility as July 7 to July 16 have been cancelled. EC agent advised me that if no seats available then I have to cancel and re book again using avios...only that now into limited if any availability and out of low season or take a voucher for later travel. Also as an ancillary question...what happened to social distancing protocols? I guess BA's attitude is in for a dime in a for a dollar to keep the discussion revenue oriented. Again..told to stand 2 meters apart at airport lineups, boarding, etc but sitting 12 inches from a seatmate in a closed environment? I would have thought there would be some gradual steps being taken...therefore my statement above.
  1. July16 1
  2. July 17 3
  3. July 18 4
  4. July 19 more than 9
  5. July 20 5
  6. July 21 4
I do not have a paid subscription to EF (if that makes a difference) but these dates are showing as being wide open so there is a disparity in information. They have the correct aircraft though 777
So that is availability only on the BA direct flight to YVR, and those numbers do seem to relate to what is shown in EF.

Now for those flights only Y class availability - tbh I suspect they are not full whatsoever, and selling class availability is being restricted deliberately atm.

Do you want to go on the original date? Were they not prepared to rebook on another airline (perhaps avoiding the US)?

Alternatively do you want to rebook on one of those dates you listed where there are direct BA flights to YVR? If you just need one seat in Y then just go for that?