FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex personal savings account offer - 25k MR points for a $25k deposit
Old Jun 16, 2020, 7:27 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I received this offer, but also have an offer from Cap One for $150 cash if I add $20k to an existing savings account. I find the cash from Cap One more appealing, as my trust in Amex has steadily decreased. I particularly dislike how they set an objective standard (90 days) then purport to reserve the right to claw the points back after that based on their own subjective, discretionary criteria.
Originally Posted by BearX220
When I opened mine 18 or 22 months ago the APR was 2.15%. Now 1.1%. Whenever they slash it further they send me an email reminding me that the shrunken interest rate is "still more than 10 times what the major banks pay," but still. Amex doesn't also lower the balance rates on its card products.
Agreed. Chase has unilaterally cut the rates on my cards recently. Amex's continue to be sky-high. They've also gotten very stingy in applying loopholes to Amex offers and otherwise holding back on earned MR.