FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it the end of Buffets in Restaurants & Regency Clubs etc
Old Jun 15, 2020, 9:37 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Matt4200
To me, yes. I wish all buffets would make this transition. It would make guests more comfortable coming back to buffets in the current climate.

I don’t personally like Hyatt Buffets as the offerings tend to sit out much too long. When I’ve ordered the same menu items offered in the buffet off the menu it’s tasted much better ordered rather than on buffet. I wouldn’t be hurt too much if Hyatt ended Buffets. Club Lounges would be tricky though as it’s very similar to a traditional buffet.
Fully agree with you where the buffet isn't first class.When its of high quality and the turnover and rotation are good I'm ok with it.fully
However there frquently seems to be someone grabbing food,bread etc with their bare hands
and putting it back.Not just kids either.Now with Covid 19 I don't think hotels can look the other way anymore.
The thought of Hyatt Place especially is a no go for me with their open communal bowls of yogurt exposed to the air.Not that I stayed at many before
Every step I take back to travel will take scrutiny in seeing what i am comfortable with and access how the hotels are managing all this ..
I too prefer a good made to order breakfasts especially as the buffets even before the virus was getting skimpy
with less variety in some markets.Hotels love buffets as they can cut down on labor and recycle some of the old food they might other throw away from the day before
I suppose they can keep clubs open with sealed beverages and such.In the end it will likely all depend on if a vaccine or cure could come about in the months ahead
What a nightmare for the hotels to manage!