FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many UA reservations have you cancelled due to COVID-19?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 5:47 pm
Kmxu

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
How many UA reservations have you cancelled due to COVID-19?

There are a lot of threads related to COVID-19. I would like to add another one. Moderate: please merge to another thread if it duplicates with another thread.

For me, I have a number of trips to China, which I cannot make due to flight cancellations (UA cannot take me there and Chinese government would not let me enter China). I have cancelled six of them for refund (how long it will take to get refund is another story; The agent I spoke to today told me 3 weeks due to backup of refund requested.&#128514. One of reservations had 24 waitlisted segments without a single valid segment!

I also cancelled a mileage ticket to Milan in mid March (purchased at half price Cyber Monday sale last November).

I also had 7 domestic reservations cancelled. It was a mistake refundable fare (BWI-LAX). Due to flight cancellations, there were no chances that I would take multiple stops to make the trip. It could take more than 12 hours one way.

The grand total of my cancellations is 14 trips for me. The Milan trip had two passengers.

I guess that someone cancelled more trips than me. What is yours?