FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK post-COVID Long-Haul Operations and Scheduling Issues
Old Jun 14, 2020, 8:13 am
rvlcr

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984
In case of HKT, cancellation until October is probably sensible. The way the discussion goes in Thailand currently re opening for tourism, I do not see any chance for Europeans to get in any time before October. Thailand seems to be in talks with some Asian countries for some tourism before October.

I have a QR Flight to HKT in August - I guess it won't happen...
yes, if the country is closed for tourism until october then the decision is sensible since nobody will be on those flights. i know that the maldives is for sure opening in July for tourism, and a bunch of people have non-refundable bookings hotel that they made a long time ago for holidays this summer and in september... so im sure there will be some sort of demand becasue a lot of these bookings, if the country is seemingly open for tourism, are no longer going to be cancelable.

i guess we will wait and see what happens. Lets hope TK changes their mind as otherwise im not sure how else i will be able to get to MLE using AC miles.

Last edited by rvlcr; Jun 14, 2020 at 8:19 am