FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Jun 14, 2020, 7:11 am
mitsuruhk

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
That is for lounge access based on departure, not lounge access based on arrival.
Same situation there, if your friend has Emerald status, he would be admitted to the QF F Lounge in LAX based on status, not travel class.
If he has no status and flown HKG-LAX in AA First, he would be admitted to the Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge.
If he has no status and flown HKG-LAX in CX First, no lounge access at LAX

First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).

Oh really..I thought it means I could gain lounge access connecting as long as I arrived with a long haul international F boarding pass.
I understand that CCR only opens to BA F and flagship first dining only opens to AA F, but when it comes to other lounges like LAX QF F one, shouldn't it stick to the rule above as long as both incoming/departure flights were operated by an oneworld carrier (CX/JL etc) with one of them is long haul F?
Please correct me if I'm wrong as I have totally no clues now..