FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:15 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kingcole974
I had a June 8 collection year end. Despite only earning 950 points, CS retained my gold status after I provided evidence of cancelled fights.

So in normal times my status would expire in July 21 but does this year extension now mean it will expire in July 22?

Or will I need to earn 1125 TP between now and June 21 to continue as a gold until July 22?
You stay Gold until July 2021, you don't need to worry about collecting TPs the year you just started since you will be renewed to Gold until July 2022 regardless. You need to earn reduced threshold to requalify.from July 2021 onwards for August 2022 onwards. Any TPS you earn this year only count for status upgrades, GUFs and the lifetime balance.

Can you have a look at post 796 (linked in WIki) to see if this gives you the same answer? Just want to make sure it can be seen as reliable for these sorts of queries.