FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying My First Inaugural - London to Ljubljana
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:18 am
Spymon

Programs: BA Blue, IC Diamond Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Fredrik74
Slovenia looks lovely. It won't be this year but I will put it on my list. I'm hopeful any stomach problems were on your side and not a Slovenian thing. Having such issues is something of a phobia, especially when it involves public toilets.
Thanks Fredrik74, it was definitely one of the hot items from the breakfast buffet at our Lake Bled hotel. Definitely not a Slovenian thing in the slightest as the rich food at dinner had no ill effect on me at all. I do have a habit of eating questionable things from questionable places but with the odd graphic exception I'm normally ok.

Originally Posted by adampenrith
Maria Callas an amazing soprano who became more famous for marrying Aristotle Onassis than for her amazing singing.

Callas is in that handful of incredible voices that us opera fanatics know. She was divorced by Onassis so he could marry Jackie Kennedy the widow of JFK
Thanks for the info adampenrith, we are not fans of opera but her voice was hauntingly beautiful, especially in that setting. However, the story was just too sad to sit through on what was supposed to be a fun holiday. Maybe we will watch the film in full if it appears on one of the streaming services we dip in and out of.

Originally Posted by Top of climb
One of my abiding travel memories is standing on the viewing platform of Ljubljana Castle and listening to the thunder claps get ever louder. You haven't been in a thunderstorm until you've been in a Slovenian thunderstorm!
Top of climb, I couldn't agree more after we got soaked and a little scared in Lake Bled. Seeing a storm like that from the castle must have been amazing!

Last edited by Spymon; Jun 12, 2020 at 11:10 am