FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:50 am
gcuk

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Congrats to all the winners in this lottery. Genuinely pleased for you.

Sadly, like others have already noted, as an 8 July 2020 year end, and having already retained GGL this year, I fall into the big loser category. I confirmed with GGL that already requalifying for GGL makes the extension irrelevant.

To add to my pain, my 25% reduction to requalify TP year starts shortly, on 9 July 2020. With so many routes not available and borders remaining closed, eg Australia, South Africa, I can’t see any way I can earn sufficient TPs by 8 July 2021 to renew GGL, even with a 25% reduction, so that would be a drop to silver, except I do have LT Gold.

Can’t help feeling let down in this situation as an 8 June year end with GGL achieved would mean GGL status until 8 June 2022 with the extension, and then 9 June 2021 until 8 June 2022 to earn 75% to requalify.

For members renewing status with sufficient reduced TPs in the last three months (Apr-June), that was definitely the sweet spot.

Disappointing to say goodbye to retaining GGL next year, after 5 years, but far more serious things to worry about in the world than a GGL card.

Last edited by gcuk; Jun 11, 2020 at 10:56 am