FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get a refund in less than 30 days (UK residents)
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:15 am
mario

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
How to get a refund in less than 30 days (UK residents)

Thought I would share my experience on getting a refund in less than 30 days, it may help others wanting to pursue this avenue.

Background
I had two F tickets from LCY to BKK to fly mid-June. On the 13th of May one of the sectors got cancelled so I called the LX contact centre who told me I could request a refund "at some time in the future".

Process
The same day I sent a letter to LX's legal address in the UK demanding payment within seven days (template attached)
About fifteen days later (you don't have to wait that long, ten days is sufficient) I started a Money Claim Online - basically starting legal procedures against the airline. I added £57 for litigation in person costs, essentially charging £19/hour for my time. £19/hour is the statutory amount you can charge. If you spend more or less time you can charge more or less time. Note that you MUST add your litigation in person costs to the claim, this cannot be upped at a later stage.
Today I received a letter from LX's solicitors stating that "a refund has been issued to the original form of payment" (it hasn't hit my account yet but I will let you know when it does) and asking for my account details to refund the court charges + litigation in person costs.

If more people did this, maybe LH group wouldn't be so arrogant in thinking that they can use their customer's money as a free loan.
Attached Files

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 11, 2020 at 11:27 am Reason: removed duplicate attachment as per user request