FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jun 11, 2020, 5:48 am
SavvyTravel

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Sadly I think I'm in the 'loser' category.

TP period ended 8 May - result is I am Silver (as defined by TP period), dropping from Gold, as expected. If I read correctly I will be Silver now until May 2022. A plus for sure.

Except that I was Gold until the end of June, and obviously. i have not been able to use gold benefits since March. [and had bookings to fly - this is not about TPs but about getting softer Gold benefits] That benefit (3 months of Gold) has now gone never to be returned. This is a benefit that I have paid for. A huge negative.

But it is OK because I can now get back to Gold by 'getting only 1100 more TPs'. Ha ha. But if I do that (let's say in Spring 2021) I will become Gold in March. And I will remain Gold until May/June 2022 (as normal). So no '12 month' extension.

Seems to me that this is pretty astute way to incentivise me to travel more to make up for a benefit that has, through no ones fault, been removed.

I will continue to fly with BA / OW but the whole way this has been handled has not been customer friendly (should have been done three months ago, and then extended etc).