FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at DEN
Thread: Cars at DEN
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2020, 9:48 am
Qwkynuf

Originally Posted by m907
I'm just saying it did not cost them $38 to get a box, tape, bubble wrap, and buy a shipping label, unless they're stupid and went to a FedEx store and bought everything at full retail price.

I'm just saying they (and all companies) should be honest.
Oh, come on.....

What business breaks out all components of their costing and provides a detailed breakdown to their customers? Do you honestly think that your rate for a rental car is is the sum of National's amortized cost for the unit, insurance, taxes, etc? That they are not paying for employees? Physical plant? Profit?

You know what? My whole point behind sharing my experience was that I appreciate that National had a lost & found system that *worked*. I appreciate that I got my stuff back. I have friends who have lost similar items on airplanes and didn't even get crickets as a response. If you should find yourself unlucky enough to lose something in a rental car someday, and not realize until you are well on your way to your next destination, I'd suggest that you just shrug your shoulders, chalk it up as a learning experience, and not succumb to the temptation to actually get your stuff back - and for considerably less than it would cost to replace. Clearly, as a matter of principle, I should have spent over $500 replacing my headphones, iPod Touch, bluetooth transmitter, and half a dozen assorted charging cables, rather than <$40 to get it all back. That would have shown them! What was I thinking????