FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - sbb saver day pass pricing after June 8, 2020
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:37 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I left a message on the SBB "community board", and received the response:
The price of the saver day passes in 1st class is correct. At the moment there is a restrictive offer for the saver day passes in 1st class. In the medium term, the supply will be increased depending on the development of demand. As usual, the saver day passes in 2nd class are available from CHF 29, but temporarily with a reduced quota. Very attractive prices for 1st class can be found with the Supersaver Tickets
I visit Switz. as a tourist about every two months (1)I'm a "train buff"--I have a fascination with riding trains and (2)love seeing Swiss scenery--many of my trips are on SBB and private lines (covered with the saver pass) but have NO Super Saver tickets.
But, they do still sell a "leisure" travel card, you get 20 days/year, averaging out to 76 SFR/trip (in 1st cl.) and I don't have to buy a SDB two months in advance, I can travel on days with "nice" weather. That they are even selling the "leisure" travel cards seems to contradict "reduced quota" noted in their response to me.