FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR Terminal check-in changes during COVID times - Where to check-in? Pre-Check?
Old Jun 8, 2020, 9:26 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by lakid
Yesterday at EWR unhelpful staff first ignored me , having not checked bags in a while (years) I stood in line for the check in desk as mentioned up thread no special GS/1K/Polaris line when it was my turn they stopped ignoring me and told me kind of u should know better and tag my own bag first etc. I decided not to answer nor pull the DYKWIA card (MM GS) and apologized to the agent of airline I patronized all the years for my oversight of not knowing what to do and just continued on my way thinking to myself maybe it’s just that I got used to the GS Lobby and it good once in a while for a reality check what normal passengers go through, I am sorry but it’s unacceptable for an airline to treat anyone that way especially in such trying times where they should be smiling to each and every passenger and thanking them for their business wishing them a safe and healthy flight and not the “ your welcome for letting you fly with us” attitude but I must add that onboard the experience was great also to answer the upthread question there was no TSA pre and I did not check clear
FWIW, SFO is self tagging for all elites except GS, but it's a dedicated elite self-tagging area, and agents roam to ration the priority tags.