FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diners Club U.S. Ending Personal Cards Program?
Old Jun 7, 2020, 8:45 pm
tmiw
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TerryK
Barclays offline PIN is perfectly adequate from my experience. My issue was with unattended kiosks such as gas stations, parking or self service checkouts where Barclays cards work fine. Many lesser known CUs also offer offline chip-n-pin with pin priority if you really want one. I still wish BMO could have promoted DC better instead of shutting it though.
Honestly, contactless is what people should be looking for these days if international compatibility/convenience is a concern, not so much PIN support/preference. That said, Diners Club was also basically the first chip card I ever had with contactless support (AmEx Blue pre EMV was my first contactless card, but those didn't have EMV chips and likely wouldn't have worked as contactless overseas either.)

BTW, considering that I still haven't seen anything indicating that my card's going to be cancelled, I wouldn't call not reopening apps the same as ending the card.