FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA hotel partners: No more Langham or Mandarin Oriental perks with a gold card
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:32 am
king1983

BA hotel partners: No more Langham or Mandarin Oriental perks with a gold card

British Airways had a long-standing partnership with the Langham Hospitality Group, the hospitality arm of one of a major Hong Kong property development company. Langham has hotels in Asia, Australia, the US and London, where suites at The Langham in Portland Place apparently cost as much as £24,000 (USD 30,000) per night.

As well as being able to earn 500 Avios per night on Langham hotel stays, BA gold members could automatically be enrolled in the hotel’s loyalty scheme, 1865 (the year the London property opened), at ‘Voyager’ level.

Benefits of Langham’s Voyager status, which would usually require five stays or 15 nights in a calendar year to achieve, include 6pm check out, free internet, a room upgrade (subject to availability), free fruit on arrival and an additional welcome amenity (such as a bottle of wine).

That partnership has now come to an end, as confirmed on the British Airways website.

Similarly, Executive Club members were previously able to earn 800 Avios per night at Mandarin Oriental properties, though this group has also been removed from BA’s list of hotel partners. In the past, BA silver and gold members were eligible to receive a free upgrade to the next room category.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I had a feeling that my BA gold card might unlock some perks at luxury hotel brands, so I decided to revisit the airline’s list of hotel and accommodation partners.

The programme is nowhere near as generous as I thought, and it seems I won’t be getting any perks as a result of my British Airways status, now that British Airways has ended its partnership with Langham and Mandarin Oriental.

The following link is a blog/website/social media page in which I have a financial interest. If you click on this link, cookies will be added to your device for an extended period of time and I may gain monetary returns if you follow this link or any other link on the blog/website/social media page.

Source: my blog, Take Off With Guru