FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back in the Air after 77 days
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:10 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by fenerlee1907
I was wondering about the carry-on bag you can bring into the cabin with you. I am possibly going to fly in July and it is a big question for me. I will have 2 laptops, camera, etc which I cannot put into checked-in baggage. A medium-large backpack which could easily fit under the seat is allowed? Or what was the largest bag you saw in the cabin brought by any passenger? Thanks.
I've seen someone with a carry-on size duffel bag ( more than 40x25x20cm ) being rejected at the gate and forced to gate check-in; however, no one did say anything to larger backpacks.
So, a medium-large backpack should be acceptable.

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Thanks for the report. The carry-on restriction makes no sense. Not giving me reason to want to fly on TK anytime soon.
Same, as I didn't have any cabin baggage and even a backpack, this didn't matter to me. However, when flying somewhere on an international flight, I would prefer an airline which would allow carry-on bags and have a close-to-normal standard. It's because of the same reason as fenerlee1907 mentioned above, I don't want to check my personal electronic devices or valuables.

By the way, as there was almost no item in the overhead lockers, the boarding process was smooth and the aisle and the jetbridge were not blocked during boarding.