FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Homes & Villas by Marriott Experiences and Discussions
Old Jun 2, 2020, 3:34 pm
jjLDNY

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CALMSP
I've used it and always look to book it where they have locations. The biggest struggle that I've had is getting points/nights. The Marriott personnel on the other line while trying to get credit after the stay literally never seem to know what H&V is and think that I booked on a third party website and therefore not part of Marriott. After a month of "researching" by Marriott personnel they were unable to verify my stay as I did not have an 8 digit confirmation number (H&V generates a larger confirmation number) and they were refusing my request. So I emailed a dummy Arne email and someone called immediately and they looked into it but she was unable to verify where I stayed and after 2 more weeks simply said, "ok, we are unable to verify, but as a good will gesture we'll credit you with 5 nights and 25,000 points". Nights were accurate but points was more than what I would have been credited with.

Now, with all this going on, its been a while, but hopefully others have a better experience.
Hah. Slightly worrying as I have 29 nights booked. I will call tomorrow in which case to try and get something recognized and logged. Also curious as to whether spend is taken into account for Amb? If it is, I'll fly past the $20k. If not, I guess I'll have to slave away at the hotel bar every night when normality returns.

EDIT: Actually, surely FWDing the Marriott confirmation email should have resolved that issue rather quickly? Were they ignorant to that too?!

Last edited by jjLDNY; Jun 2, 2020 at 3:40 pm