FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Doug Parker Flies Southwest and Gets Into a Conversation About Race
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:58 am
DataPlumber

Originally Posted by fotographer
just wondering why the rush was to get to Panama City in the first place?.... I am sure it had nothing to do with anything AA related
and it was kind of him not to bump a passenger? really Mr. Parker..? you know there is something called a jump seat?
To me it’s really none of anyone’s business. It doesn’t take a Rhodes scholar to see the many reasons why there could be need to travel that aren’t related to his day job. Perhaps he wanted to leave the JS for commuters or simply didn’t want to travel and have a game face on. Again, the reasons aren’t anyone’s business. Heck, Herb Kelleher was known to fly AA when he needed to go somewhere that wasn’t on his own metal.

Originally Posted by fotographer
but I digress... its because SouthWest, has better seats/ and they offer drinks and a snack.. something AA seems to be lacking at this moment ..
if you’re fixating on a 1/2 ounce bag of pretzels all I can say Is that fine, but you’re missing the genuine emotions of the interaction and the larger message everyone could learn from.