FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you feel (safety) with JAL's 787 fleet? 787-9s and 787-8s?
Old Jun 1, 2020, 10:00 pm
FlyingSloth

Unhappy

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JAL operates their 787 fleets with GE engines, so the faneblade issue that has been plaguing a lot of carriers are not an issue for JAL. These issues are tied to the Rolls Royce engines.

I have absolute confidence in JAL, their maintenance, and their operations.

JAL's international economy class is the most comfortable 787 out there. They are the only carrier left with 8 seats across, and they have 34" pitch on the sky suite 787. The food is very nice, and service is good. All in all, JAL is probably the best economy product out there

The 34" pitch is also found on the sky suite 767, sky suite 777-200ER, and the 777-300ER.
I'm really glad to hear that. I wonder why JAL's price for SIN-TYO-SEA is so much cheaper than ANA right now. You would think that both would want to make the price more attractive.

I wonder also how can I be sure that the SIN-TYO and TYO-SEA route are, in fact, operating in July? I plan to call, but usually when I've called airlines during the pandemic, they always just say.. 'check the schedule.. but we can't guarantee anything'.. and so far Japan Airlines did not reply to my tweets on Twitter asking about it. Will JAL publish an official set schedule for July? Or have they already? I'm just trying to make plans which involves booking hotels and many other arrangements, and want to try to be as sure as possible that the flights that keep getting postponed will actually operate. The tickets are certainly available for purchase on their web site, but so too were the SIN-SEA flights available for purchase on Singapore Airline's web site up until about 12 hours ago, and then the flight options just disappeared from the web site as they were cancelled/postponed again. This has been so challenging trying to make a plan.