FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More kiosks check-in & self tagged?
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:02 am
MCO Flyer

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ATLflyer2017
I really enjoy Southwest's self tag experience. It is quick and intuitive and saves a lot of time during busy times.
I am sure Delta could implement it easily if it was a priority for them. Honestly, if you're someone who is super worried about germs, self tagging bags is actually more exposure because you're touching the kiosk as opposed to just handing your ID to the agent and putting your bag on the scale.
I don’t fly WN very much at all, but based on personal observations when walking by their ticket counter in MCO, the self tagging has helped tremendously. Before WN put in their self tag kiosk at MCO, their check-in lines would often extend well into the lobby area and sometimes it would back up into the Hyatt Atrium during peak hours. Now that they’ve installed their new kiosk a few years back, I haven’t ever seen the lines they use to have before they installed the kiosk. Pre-COVID of course, the DL check in lines for both SP and regular bag drop (especially in the morning) were terrible at MCO. When flying out of MCO, I would have to give myself an extra 20 mins due to the long lines DL has at MCO. I’d love it if DL could also add self-tagging kiosk as they do indeed work based upon results with other airlines.