FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OW/*A/ST: LAX/JFK/MIA-Greece rt Business $2000-$2160
Old May 31, 2020, 7:15 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by cmd320
If I’m reading this correctly, even if you test negative upon entry you’re still supposed to quarantine for 7 days? Not sure I follow the logic there.
I am going to steal a link from @FlyBitcoin to show just how 7 days of quarantine is practically worthless in controlling spread of the virus.
https://thorax.bmj.com/content/early...nl-2020-215091

One should read this article (not long) carefully to understand just how easy it is to get infected and spread the virus. The case cited was unique in that the participants were tested covid-19 negative prior to entering the study (literally by getting on the cruise ship ) and then being isolated from outside sources from that point onward.
And yet, more than 55% tested positive by the end of the voyage.
Bottom line....7 days isn't going to give me assurance that I or my fellow travelers are virus free.

The only good news was that 80% were asymptomatic or mild illness, but one person still died.

For me, the issue is location and time of potential exposure. Long distance flights to foreign countries is still not on my plate of things to do as entertainment no matter what the fare. I am certain medical expenses would eradicate any savings on travel.