FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old May 30, 2020, 4:37 am
snevillio

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Virgin Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think you may have put this in the wrong thread, and the main Covid-19 thread has a wiki which explains the situation. But in short since you have an Avios FTV, it will be worth whatever you spent in Avios and cash on the initial transaction. The main thread also outlines that you can't check the value online, nor can you use the FTV online. But in essence, when you are ready to book again, call BAEC and you can book a new redemption and the FTV will knock 7.500 Avios and £4.60 off the bill. It can be any redemption, it doesn't have to be on AA. You can't readily use the FTV on a BA Holidays cash booking since there is not much cash in the FTV.
Thanks for this and yes I did lost in the wrong place. I had read through this thread first and then got distracted so my apologies.

Thanks for the advice and it seems a shame that I have less flexibility for the sake of £4.60 as presumably this FTV has an end date where the initial avios didn't.