FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New ROOM in Business or Old Style FIRST?
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2020, 9:54 am
nexusCFX

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There has never been any mentioning of a plan to refurbish all of the 77W fleet. Everytime a plane has been in China for and extended period of time for maintenance, there has been a great deal of speculation here whether it would come back with a new cabin, but nothing has happened so far. Since I don't work for ANA I don't have access to any unpublished plans, and we don't seem to have any employees on the board willing to share internal information.

With crisis kicking in, I am sure that any caoex related to new cabins that can be postponed has been postponed.

What 2*2*2 cabins on JAL? The regional 787s? ANA has far more of those, and ANA also has the cradle seats on 767s. While JAL did use 2*2*2 on San Diego for an undue long time, that is history and coming to regional configs, the JAL regional 787 seats are fsr better than the ANA cradle seats.
JAL also has some 2x2x2 787s with the Apex suite rather than a recliner seat. I assume they meant 2x3x2 on the 777 though.