FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LATAM files for Chapter 11 bankrupcy
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2020, 9:35 am
michael1023

Originally Posted by theboss7593
Considering how poorly they handled things I am not sad. Agents had no empathy, had no motive to work to help get us home. Flat out told us your on your own its not our problem. (in spanish too it's not like there was any sort of language barrier) They are a disgrace! At least Avianca got people home without outrageous fares it was something like $150 to change flights no fare difference asked. If it was a staple across LATAM I would've understood but COPA and AVIANCA stood by their customers.

It costed me $5,600 (2,000 for a flight to Colombia that never went and am still trying to get a refund for from LATAM and $3,600 which cost us to go from LIM-PUJ-EWR to get back to the US) out of pocket to get home and I've yet to see a dollar from LATAM in terms of a refund for my original flight ($2300 for 2) which was cancelled. They wanted to the TUNE of $6,000 PER PERSON to change our tickets from LIM-GYE-JFK to just LIM-JFK. What happened to OW getting you home? honoring agreements?

I hope they lose everything. The only thing I regret is not shorting the stock. ( i didn't think they were in as much trouble as they were) They took or tried to take advantage of us, I would've LOVED to return the favor. I give people the UTMOST respect but when you screw me believe me it's not going to be pretty.

The good workers will find new jobs with other airlines that rise out of the ashes but LATAM's management needs to learn a hard lesson I have no heart for them AT all... I wish Avianca and COPA well. SKY Chile also seems to be gaining serious ground in South America.
wow, what a story. the only thing i hope for is for them to stay afloat, only because my wife and I enjoyed the lie flat seats, direct from jfk-gye...jetblue is not lie flat, and AA I hate to have to connect via Miami..

when was this that you were trying to get home? in march and april when things were at their worst?

I understand your situation though about wanting them to fall apart....