FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chef in the air finished
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2020, 6:10 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Believe me or not, there would still be people using TK and preferring them over other airlines even though they would have the same concept as Pegasus. TK has a huge Turkish customer broad, which claims that they wouldn't fly any other airline other than TK. Also, many people dream about upgrading themselves with Miles&Smiles miles on Turkish holidays, however, these people haven't learned that TK is blocking upgrade inventory on purpose on major holiday routes like IST-JFK; IST-LHR; IST-LAX; IST-YYZ on Turkish school and official holidays

BA was successful, eliminating IFE on shorter flights, removing meal services, inventing a Buy on Board, seat selection with money, etc... There are still some people who are willing to pay extra to fly them.
A big customer base in Turkey doesn't mean that they can sustain their international routes with that standard. TK is competing with QR and EK - and the reason that TK is in that game is the level of amenity and food. I'm willing to waste my time to fly ex-EU to the US with TK because of their amenity and food, and if they are gone then why waste my time to go via IST? EU is not a small market and LH group is an alternative to TK if TK removes food and drink on short haul flights. If I want luggage inclusive fare to the US I can fly LOT.