FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus and masks/face coverings [Consolidated thread]
Old May 28, 2020, 4:40 pm
ahmetdouas

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by 8420PR
The UK Government recommends using a mask or face covering, based on the science that it can protect others if you are infected but not showing symptoms.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...face-coverings

My guess would be that as soon as the Government has secured enough respirator masks for medical and care personal they will make covering your face mandatory in scenarios where social distancing is not possible.
No; the UK recently changed the advice anyway saying it is recommended in certain cases, but the evidence is not strong enough to make it a law to do so. It has nothing to do with medical supplies because they say anyway that people normally should make a homemade one, or wear a scarf. I have no issues with others wearing masks if it makes them comfortable, but unless I am forced to, I will not be wearing one or a scarf for that matter. If I am coughing or sick or test positive for the virus, it's not like I would want to be outdoors or travelling anyway.

Each airline seems to be applying the rules differently; but it seems most of them want you to wear a covering on a plane, although I see that British Airways does not need you to wear one unless the airport you are in forces you to wear one, and LHR does not do so. Neither does Zurich Airport, but it seems Swiss is following the Lufthansa rule of face coverings, Germany being much more strict than Switzerland regarding face coverings in general.

Last edited by ahmetdouas; May 28, 2020 at 4:48 pm