FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid19: Refund Experiences from Indian Based Airlines
Old May 28, 2020, 5:37 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
as far as the ua ticket is concerned, ai first refused to acknowledge that ua had cancelled the flight....when i told them to check again then they came back & said i was not entitled to a refund since its not ai's fault that ua cancelled the flight....i can either get a refund after paying 20% penalty as per the original t&c of my ticket or do a one time date change depending on award availability with ua....also, i had booked 4 tickets using 240k miles total for my family under a single pnr so i have to use the miles for the same people....i can't use the miles for myself even though the miles all came from my account....
i finally decided to cancel this reservation & lose out on the 20% miles since its unlikely that my family will be able to take advantage of the date change option....i spoke to ai last week & they said they are unable to cancel the reservation on the phone & i need to send an email to get the reservation cancelled....so i did that....a couple of days ago i received a reply stating that they cannot cancel any reservation that has a date beyond 31st may....i replied that i wanted to cancel as per the original t&c of my ticket....today i received a reply that they can't do anything till the 1st of june so i should get in touch with them after that....also, its almost impossible to get in touch with their service center these days....the toll free number asks you to call a gurgaon based number which in turn is always busy....

Originally Posted by Keyser
intermiles first refused to refund the miles, stating that the ey ticket was non-refundable, even after ey cancelled the flight....but a few days later ey changed its refund policy so i got in touch with intermiles again....this time they agreed to refund & i got the miles back in about 7 days....its been 6 weeks since then but i still haven't received the convenience fee back....
spoke to intermiles a couple of days ago as well....now they tell me etihad is responsible for refunding the convenience fee....i called them out on that saying that it was not etihad that charged the fee....also, the cancellation email i received from intermiles clearly stated that the fee will be refunded shortly....i was put on hold while the agent checked with a supervisor....she then claimed that the fee will be refunded but it can take upto 30 days....i told her its been way longer than that....she then said its 30 working days....i said its been longer than that as well since the ticket was cancelled over 2 months ago....she claimed that she will escalate the case to their refund department....i'll give them a few more weeks before calling again....